As part of the STEM Program, we try to schedule student-focused events on a consistent basis. These events include our frequent pāʻinaʻs, conferences, presentations, fairs, and competitions.
Check our website regularly for updates and upcoming events, or visit our official Facebook site by clicking here. The majority of STEM Program events and announcements are posted on our Facebook page.
For information and/or pictures from the previous events, please click on the links below.
(click thumbnails for more info)
- September 19th, 2013 – First STEM Pa’ina of the Fall 2013 semester
- July 10th, 2013 – Guitar building during the 2013 ‘IKE Summer Bridge Program
- June 28th, 2013 – 2013 Summer Bridge Program Papaholua Event
- June 24th, 2013 – Design Thinking workshop during the 2013 ‘IKE Summer Bridge Program
- June 21st, 2013 – Hawaiian sled building during the 2013 Summer Bridge Programs
- June 21st, 2013 – Bishop Museum field trip – 2013 HaKilo Summer Bridge Program
- June 21st, 2013 – SeaPerch building during the 2013 ‘IKE Summer Bridge Program
- June 17th, 2013 – First day of the 2013 Summer Bridge Programs at KapCC
- June 14th, 2013 – 2013 STEM Program CanSat Team reception
- May 20th, 2013 – 2013 I-Cubed Faculty Institute
- May 2nd, 2013 – End of the semester potluck, Spring 2013
- May 1st, 2013 – May poster session
- April 29th, 2013 – April poster session
- April 23rd, 2013 – ICS presentation
- April 18th, 2013 – April pa’ina
- April 11th-13th, 2013 – 27th National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
- April 8th-9th, 2013 – JABSOM Biomedical Sciences and Health Disparities Symposium
- April 8th-9th, 2013 – STEM Week
- April 4th, 2013 – SURF Event
- March 21st-24th – 2013 CCURI National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- March 13th, 2013 – March STEM Program Pa’ina
- February 9th, 2013 – 2013 Honolulu District Science Fair
- February 7th, 2013 – February STEM Program Pa’ina
- December 6th, 2012 – STEM Program Christmas Pa’ina
- November 15th, 2012 – Fall 2012 STEM Program Opportunity Expo
- October 25th, 2012 – October STEM Program Pa’ina
- October 10th-14th, 2012 – 2012 Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans (SACNAS) National Conference
- September 27, 2012 – Fall 2012 STEM Program Pa’ina
- July 26, 2012 – 2012 IKE Summer Bridge Program, Final Student Presentations
- Please visit the KapCC STEM Program Facebook Videos Page to view the IKE final student presentations (guitar building project).
- July 24, 2012 – STEM Program, Clear Channel Radio, and UH Media Productions Event
- On Tuesday, July 24th, representatives from Clear Channel Radio and the UH Media Productions department were on campus to feature the three 2012 Summer Bridge Programs (HaKilo 1, HaKilo 2, IKE).
- See a video from the event.
- July 23, 2012 – STEM Program and Clear Channel Radio Event
- On the morning of Monday, July 23rd, STEM Program student and peer mentor Diamond Tachera visited the Clear Channel studios in Honolulu for live on-air radio interviews. She gave interviews with three of Clear Channel’s main radio stations and talked about the STEM Program and the 2012 Summer Bridges.
- Listen to her interviews: 93.9 Jamz, Island Rhythms 98.5, and Star 101.9.
- July 2012 – KapCC STEM Program Summer Bridges
- April 17, 2012 – STEM Undergraduate Research Fair (SURF)
- April 10, 2012 – 3D Printing Demonstration
- February 11, 2012 – Middle School Science Fair
- October 19, 2011 – Oceanit Design Thinking Workshop
- October 19, 2011 – STEM Program Opportunity Expo
- September 7, 2011 – Welcome Back Pa‘ina
- Featuring special guests from the UH Hilo department of Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science (TCBES).
- July 5th-July 22nd, 2011 – STEPUP Summer Bridge Program
- June 13th-July 22nd, 2011 – Ha Kilo 1 Summer Bridge Program
- June 13th-July 22nd, 2011 – Ha Kilo 2 Summer Bridge Program
- June 13th-July 22nd, 2011 – IKE 1 Summer Bride Program
- April 13th, 2011 – STEM Undergraduate Research Fair (SURF)
- March 31th, 2011 – TCUP Showcase
- March 5th, 2011 – STEM Program “Day of FAFSA Assistance and Tax Preparation”
- February 19th, 2011 – Physics Olympics
- Visit the UH Manoa Department of Physics and Astronomy site to view pictures from the event
- February 14th, 2011 – STEM Program Pa’ina
- February 12th, 2011 – Middle School Science Fair
- November 30th, 2010 – STEM Program Internship Expo
- October 12th, 2010 – STEM Luau
- August 25th, 2010 – “Welcome Back” Pa’ina
- July 12th-30th, 2010 – 2010 Senior Summer Bridge Program
- June 28th-July 9th, 2010 – 2010 Junior Summer Bridge Program
- June 23rd-27th, 2010 – MATE ROV Competition in Hilo, HI
- June 11th-13th, 2010 – Can-Satellite (CanSat) Competition in Amarillo, Texas
- June 2nd, 2010 – KCC STEM Program Undergraduate Research Showcase
- May 17th, 2010 – I-Cubed Faculty Enrichment Week
- May 15th, 2010 – Peer Mentor Training at Camp Erdman, Mokuleia
- April 22nd, 2010 – Earth Day Bio-Diesel Fuel Sustainability Demonstration
- April 8th, 2010 – S.U.R.F. (STEM Undergraduate Research Fair)
- March 15th, 2010 – KCC STEM Program Pa’ina featuring George Meyers
- March 10th, 2010 – KCC College Transfer Fair
- March 6th, 2010 – Paiko Limu Huki (Maunalua)
- February 6th, 2010 – Middle School Science Fair
- December 3rd, 2009 – KCC STEM Fair
- To view photos from our past events, please visit the KCC STEM Program Facebook page
- You do not need a Facebook account to view these photos
STEM Program Event Tracking Form
For various reasons, we here at the STEM Program work hard to record data from various STEM Program related events. This data is not only needed for reporting purposes, but it also allows us to continually improve the STEM Program by consistently tracking our progress. The form below is intended mostly for STEM Program faculty and staff members. After the completion of any STEM Program related event, please fill out the Event Tracking Form (“STEM Program events” include, but are not limited to, all events attended by STEM Program faculty/staff members and/or students).
- Kapi’olaniCC STEM Program Event Tracking Form